Surrey County Council
Phone: 03456 009 009
Why work for Surrey
Working for Surrey means making positive and practical differences to the lives of people living and working in the county. Each one of our 23,000 staff has a unique opportunity to make Surrey a better place to live, whether it's by protecting children and people from harm, making Surrey's roads safer with accident prevention schemes or conserving our beautiful countryside.
What drives us is delivering outstanding services and by focusing on the changing needs of our residents we are achieving this. Over the last ten years, we've driven a major change programme that has revolutionised everything we do - from where we work to the services we provide.
But we want to make Surrey an even better place to live and we understand that the key to achieving this is by building a workforce that can offer a range of different skills and life experiences. In return, we promise to provide a rewarding, stimulating and challenging career path that follows the principles of openness and fairness every step of the way.
Benefits of working for Surrey
We believe people are our greatest asset. That's why we've gone out of our way to give staff everything you they need to make their job easier. At Surrey, you'll receive:
- 24 days paid holiday a year increasing to 28 days after 5 years, pro-rata for part-time staff
- A final salary local government pension scheme into which you contribute a percentage of your salary determined by earnings. It may be possible to transfer previous pension rights to this scheme
- An annual training programme offering continual learning together with management, communication, supervisory and computer skills training
- Flexible working arrangements including job sharing, home working, term time only working and hot desking.
- Travel assistance ranging from season ticket loans to a street car scheme.
- An opportunity to exchange salary for a range of flexible benefits including childcare vouchers, health screening, dental insurance, personal accident scheme and retail vouchers.