Tower Hamlets Homes
Tower Hamlets Homes is a council-owned company set up 10 years ago to manage the council’s housing.
We are more than just a housing management company. Our vision is to create: Thriving, safe, and sustainable neighbourhoods where residents can be proud of their homes, respect one another and realise their potential.
We are governed by a Board of Directors - four resident members, four councillors, and four independents. Three residents have also been co-opted onto other THH committees to ensure the voice and perspective of residents is central to decision making.
How we are doing
Here are just some of our achievements in the last two years:
- 87% overall satisfaction, our highest ever.
- 82% repairs done right first time, 92% satisfaction with repairs.
- 86% satisfaction with caretaking – the highest in London.
- Gas safety checks consistently been maintained at 100%.
- 17 days to relet empty homes in January – our best ever performance.
- Fire risk assessments are completely up to date and we’ve started a £32.7 million programme of fire safety works.
- 2500 residents using our new online service, MyTHH.
- Improved our response to Councillor’s enquiries - in April 2018 we responded to 93% within 10 days.
- Increased approval ratings for keeping residents informed to 87%; and
- Increased ratings for ‘THH does what it says’ to 79%.
Value for money has greatly improved. The annual management fee paid to THH by the Council has gone down by £8.5m - from £39.8m in 2008/09 to £31.3m 2018/19, whilst performance and customer satisfaction has improved.
See all Tower Hamlets Homes jobs