Rivermead School, Part of the Rivermead Inclusive Trust are looking for an excellent PE teacher in either secondary or primary phases, if you are looking for a new challenge and keen to develop then look no further.
We value all our teachers input and you will be part of an expanding team. The school is proud of our PE delivery and our learners’ successes at GCSE. Our learners represent a wide range of ability with the majority attaining A* - G (levels 1-9) at GCSE and many progressing to related courses post-16.
Rivermead is a special school providing for learners who are unable to access mainstream education because of a variety of complex needs. It is our challenge to provide them with a broad, balanced curriculum to progress to post-16 education and the world of work.
We are passionate about potential and are considered to be a very caring school; a school where people matter. If you are interested in a school that is small enough to be recognised in, but big enough for children to flourish; come and speak with us about how you can impact upon the achievement of the young people at Rivermead School.
All applicants should have:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- a good understanding of and experience of delivering National Curriculum requirements for PE, and feel confident in delivering the subject up to and including G.C.S.E.
- experience of leading other staff or an ambition to develop leadership skills
- excellent teaching skills and the adaptability to facilitate learning in areas of the curriculum beyond their own specialist subject when required
- an interest in or experience of teaching children with Special Educational Needs and medical needs.
What we offer
- A leadership team that nurtures and encourage potential in all.
- To become part of a great team
- Have a fantastic continued Professional Development programme
- Staff well-being packages
- Child Care Vouchers
For further information please contact Mrs Melinda Bate (PA to the Headteacher on 01634 338348)
Closing Date: 5th September 2019 noon Interviews: Week beginning : TBC
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment at Rivermead Inclusive Trust. Offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring and a Health Declaration.