Management Grouping: Chief Executive
Department: Legal Services
Contract: Permanent 36 hours per week
Salary: £25,809 - £28,215 per annum
Closing Date: 05/09/2019
Job Reference: CEX0000102
An opportunity has arisen for a committed and enthusiastic Legal Officer to work in our busy and supportive Child Care team. The Child Care team is part of the Council’s legal services, a busy and forward looking office with LEXCEL and IIP accreditations.
The Legal Officer will be responsible to the Principal Solicitors/Senior Solicitors for the provision of quick and accurate processing of a wide range of aspects of work connected with child care cases and associated matters, including complying with Court directions, drafting legal documents, liaising with the Court and Solicitors involved in Court and PLO cases. You will assist Legal Services officers on matters with which they are dealing.
Previous local government and legal experience is desirable but not essential.
For an informal discussion about this position please contact Sue Putnam or Laura Jones (Principal Lawyers) on 020 3045 3911 or 020 3045 3910.
Bexley is a London Borough with big growth ambitions across the Borough and along Bexley Riverside. We also have award-winning parks, open spaces and listed buildings. We work in a modern office environment in the heart of Bexleyheath.
What we offer
• Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
• Performance Related Pay
• 23 days Annual Leave (rising to 27 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
• Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
• An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
• Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
• MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
View more about our employment deal here.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
• Closing Date for your application: 05/09/2019
• Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
• Anticipated Interview date: w/c 23/09/2019
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.