An exciting new opportunity has arisen at the Sundial Centre E2 and Darwin Court SE17
This is an annualised hours contract where you are paid to work an average of up to 336 hours over the year. The contact offers flexibility with periods of non-working. There will be a combination of compulsory and flexible hours that you will be required to work. This way of working will provide you with guaranteed income for the year.
You will be required to cover for employee sickness absence, annual leave and any other absences. You will be required to cover shifts, Monday to Friday between the hours of 8.30am – 4.30pm with some Saturday and evening shifts
The post holder will provide support for the two centres which are a focus for community groups, as well activities and social events by the general public and by Peabody residents, with the aim of encouraging individuals to maximise their health, wellbeing and independence and providing them with the necessary resources and opportunities.
- Cleaning all areas of the community centre to a high standard
- Reporting any defects, security or health and safety concerns to the Centre Manager
- Provide a high level of customer service at the centre, covering the reception desk when necessary
- Ensuring the centre is a safe, clean and secure environment in which to live and work.
- Ensure that daily equipment and facility set ups are completed on time and to the correct specification
- To follow Peabody Health and Safety policies and procedures to ensure, as far as is practicable, your own safety and that of others in the workplace. You may be required to undertake specific Health and Safety roles such as Fire Warden or First Aider as part of your duties
Desirable skills/experience required:
- First Aid Certificate or ability to work towards
- COSHH Assessor qualification or ability to work towards.
- Experience of working with children and / or vulnerable adults
- Willingness to be flexible
The successful applicant will need to be subject to a background disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) before any appointment can be confirmed.