Mole Valley Community Support Services provides a wide range of services for the community including Mole Valley Telecare, Centres for the Community and Community Transport.
About the role
Working for the Community as a driver for you will undertake school contract work, taking children to/from schools in the locality. This will be a split shift from 7am till 9am and then from 4pm till 6pm. On occasion there maybe opportunities for further work outside of these hours supporting other members of the community.
This is a fixed term contract until August 2020 with the possibility of extension beyond then.
The post is based in Leatherhead, although you will be required to work throughout the Mole Valley area. The Council offers excellent conditions of service and a friendly working environment.
- Applicants must be able to drive a minibus sized vehicle (D1, D1E preferred)
- Knowledge of the local area and an interest in driving.
- Flexibility around working patterns
- A responsible and caring attitude
- Experience of driving accessible or larger vehicles
- The post holder must be willing to undertake a DBS Disclosure and complete all additional training as required.
• Generous annual leave entitlement of 24 days per annum (Pro rata to 20 hours per week term time only)
• Substantial 15% employers contribution into the local government pension scheme
• Free parking
• Wellbeing package including:
o Cycle Scheme
o Free eye tests
o Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
o Yearly flu jab
o Discounts at local shops & businesses, films and shows at Dorking Halls and at the café
o Ability to participate in targeted activities during regular ‘Wellbeing Weeks’
If you would like any further information or an informal chat about the role, please contact Saul Brignell at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01372 204507. Alternatively, you can contact HR at email@example.com
Closing date for applicants: Midday on 23 September 2019
Interview dates: TBA
How to apply
Visit our careers website https://jobsatmolevalley.co.uk/job/school-run-driver-term-time-only/ or email our careers inbox firstname.lastname@example.org submit your CV along with a supporting statement, to let us know how you meet the required skills and experience of the job description and person specification.