An opportunity has arisen to work within the Bereavement Service Team in the role of a Crematorium Technician.
The main duties of this post includes carrying out Front of House duties i.e. liaising with mourners, funeral directors, celebrant, clergy etc and the operation of the bespoke music and media system; all aspects of the cremation process; gardening and support technician and associated works within the Crematorium. The above four areas of responsibility rotate on a weekly basis.
You will need to:
• understand the confidential and legal nature of the work;
• have experience of using computers, machinery and technical equipment;
• work to and meet strict deadlines including prioritising own workload;
• be able to deal with irate / distressed people; remaining calm and dignified at all time;
• be able to use initiative and problem solve;
• work both outside and inside;
• be a team player but also be able to work on your own initiative.
The applicant will be required to obtain the Cremator Proficiency Certificate. All candidates should be prepared to work extra hours to cover staff absences/annual leave.
Weekend/Bank holiday work for Chapel Attendant duties may be required.
If you would like to have an informal discussion, please contact Lisa Logan 325869 or email email@example.com
Previous applicants need not to apply.