Energy and Environment Project Co-ordinator
London, Kent or Sussex
You will be joining a small but dynamic team which is driving forward Optivo’s commitment towards a sustainable future. You will be expected to proactively work with internal and external stakeholders to achieve the objectives of the Energy and Environment Strategy. And help Optivo to maintain is SHIFT Gold status by helping to embed sustainable best practice. Key work on specific schemes will include whole house retrofits, climate change adaptation, renewable technologies and other sustainable initiatives that promote resource efficiency. You will be required to understand and establish whole house retrofit schemes to improve energy efficiency of our homes up to EPC Band C (RdSAP 69). An understanding of data management systems is essential in order to plan future retrofit programmes and to track our renewable heating schemes.
You will also contribute to the planning of Optivo’s approach to electric vehicle charging for our new and existing homes as well as our office locations. Collaboration with team members and other teams across Optivo is an essential aspect this role.
- The possession of a relevant academic qualification (relevant recognised degree standard qualification in a relevant environmental science or equivalent work based experience).
- An excellent knowledge and understanding of energy efficient services and products, renewable energy and climate change adaptation as well as other aspects of environmental sustainability such as water use and waste reduction, sustainable development, biodiversity and sustainable procurement
- Broad experience in a role that supports energy and environmental best practice.
- A proven track record of delivering energy and environmental Action Plans.
- Experience of developing a business case for addressing environmental issues, which also highlights the expected return on any investment Optivo may make.
Skills and abilities
- Strong project management skills.
- Well-developed negotiation skills.
- First class influencing skills with a strong focus on customer service results and delivery.
- Good attention to detail with a sense of focus.
- Effective management of relationships with colleagues and partners.
- Effective networking skills.
- IT skills including databases and spreadsheets
- Pension- We offer up to 10% of basic salary as a company contribution to your pension. You can contribute from 3% to 5% and Optivo will double your contribution.
- Annual Leave Holidays- start with 27 days plus your bank holidays. Your allowance goes up to 30 days with long service and we give everyone a day off for their birthday, which you can you use anytime in your birthday month. We also offer the opportunity to buy extra annual leave and sell what you might not use up.
- Life Assurance - Peace of mind for your loved ones, should the worst happen. Our scheme will pay three times your annual base salary to your nominated beneficiary.
- Employee Assistance Programme - Our team have access to a free confidential counselling service, offering support and advice on stress and anxiety, debt, lifestyle and relationships.
- Healthcare - Cash Plan Claim back on the costs of healthcare including the opticians, dentist and more via Simply Health.
- Discounts- Get discounts at your favourite retailers through Perkz including a variety of outlets, activities and more.
- Cycle to Work- Optivo provides access to approved cycle to work scheme, allowing employees the opportunity to buy a bike and accessories and saving tax contributions.
- Season Ticket Loans- We provide interest free loans to purchase a season ticket or car parking pass for your commute allowing you to make savings.
- Long Service Awards- We like to recognise, celebrate and thank employees for their long service.
Internal applicants only:
Please apply via the intranet as you will be required to complete a longer application form if you continue. Please check your eligibility to apply.
Talent Acquisition Policy
9.0 Internal mobility
9.3 An employee cannot apply for an internal role within their probationary period. They must have had confirmation they’ve passed before any interviews will be arranged
9.7 In exceptional circumstances, an employee may be considered for an internal move within 12 months of starting a new role, providing prior approval has been given by the current line manager.