Admissions Officer, Children Out of School (Scale 6)
Following the previous post holder’s recent promotion, an exciting opportunity has become available for a motivated and highly skilled individual with experience of school admissions and the Capita ONE pupil database system to join our friendly and hard-working School Admissions team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Dealing with a high volume of telephone enquiries from schools, parents and external agencies
- Scrutinising in-year applications to identify children who may be eligible for admission under Islington’s Fair Access Protocol
- Supporting the speedy admission of children missing education within local timescales
- Tracking the school placement of children living in temporary accommodation
- Representing Islington Council when assisting parents with completing school admissions applications
- Running standard reports to assist senior officers as appropriate
You will be hard-working and committed to delivering a first-class service to Islington residents, with the initiative and skills to work well under pressure to ensure the team’s continuing success. The ability to manage your time and workload effectively are essential.
Closing Date: 28th October at 23:59
Test and Interview: 12th November 2019
Sounds interesting? For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Alison Smith on 020 7527 7251 or email Alison.firstname.lastname@example.org