We’re one of the largest housing providers in the UK, our 44,000 homes give 90,000 people in London, the South East and the Midlands, somewhere affordable to call their own.
Job Title: Domestic Service Manager
Type of Contract: Permanent
Hours: 36 hours a week, Full time
- Responsible for consistently providing high quality housekeeping services across four sites
- Accountable for ensuring safe working practices are followed and conducting quality audits highlighting any concerns to senior management
- Co-ordinating domestic services across four sites within allocated budgets.
- Complying with local risk management controls to ensure customers, contractors, partners and staff live or work in a safe environment
- Monitoring and meeting domestic services key performance indicators
- The post holder will be working with:
- Operations Manager
- Senior Accommodation Manager
- Accommodation Manager
- Deputy Accommodation Manager
- Estate Maintenance Officer
- External contractors and suppliers
- University accommodation team
- NEBOSH National General Certificate (NGC) in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent (Essential)
- Broad knowledge of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (Essential)
- Membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (Desirable)
- Knowledge of student services including best practice, the regulatory framework and relevant legislation within which Registered Providers operate
- Broad knowledge of housing legislation and requirements for housing in multiple occupation
- Understanding of health & safety and compliance in a residential setting
- Knowledge of the ANUK framework for landlords managing accommodation
- Knowledge of equality and diversity good practice
- Knowledge of IT systems used such as HOTEC, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Orchard, etc.
- Ability to manage a team at multiple locations ensuring service quality consistency
- Ability to react and co-ordinate services to meet changing demands
- Ability to precisely follow written instructions
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to contract manage third party contractors ensuring they comply with our vetting, health and safety procedures
- Data inputting
- Time management.
- Ability to train staff on domestic services functions
- Managing demanding workloads
- Able to work under own initiative
- Working with others to deliver joint objectives
- A ‘can do’ approach to problem solving
- Pension- We offer up to 10% of basic salary as a company contribution to your pension. You cancontribute from 3% to 5% and Optivo will double your contribution.
- Annual Leave Holidays- start with 27 days plus your bank holidays. Your allowance goes up to 30 days with long service and we give everyone a day off for their birthday, which you can you use anytime in your birthday month. We also offer the opportunity to buy extra annual leave and sell what you might not use up.
- Life Assurance - Peace of mind for your loved ones, should the worst happen. Our scheme will pay three times your annual base salary to your nominated beneficiary.
- Employee Assistance Programme - Our team have access to a free confidential counselling service, offering support and advice on stress and anxiety, debt, lifestyle and relationships.
- Healthcare - Cash Plan Claim back on the costs of healthcare including the opticians, dentist and more via Simply Health.
- Discounts- Get discounts at your favourite retailers through Perkz including a variety of outlets, activities and more.
- Cycle to Work- Optivo provides access to approved cycle to work scheme, allowing employees the opportunity to buy a bike and accessories and saving tax contributions.
- Season Ticket Loans- We provide interest free loans to purchase a season ticket or car parking pass for your commute allowing you to make savings.
- Long Service Awards- We like to recognise, celebrate and thank employees for their long service.
Closing date for ALL applications 23rd of October 2019
If you this sounds like you, we look forward to receiving your application!