Christ Church is a caring Christian Community living out our mission of ‘Together we can…’ We are looking for a temporary PE teacher to cover a maternity leave from January 2020.
Sports provision at Christ Church is excellent and we offer our children a wide range of sports opportunities both within and outside the curriculum. We have achieved Platinum School Games Sports Award for the second year running and continue to develop and enhance our sporting offer to children. Our specialist sports teacher, who teaches PE across the whole school and leads and manages the whole of our sports and wellbeing curriculum, is going on maternity leave and we are looking for a talented and committed PE teacher to cover her leave. We are looking for an enthusiastic PE teacher who is able to provide the highest quality PE and sports teaching to children across the whole school. Applications are welcomed from experienced and newly qualified teachers.
We are looking for a teacher who is/has:
- Committed to supporting our Christian ethos
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and committed to raising standards further
- Able to teach PE across the whole primary age range from reception to year 6
- High expectations of themselves and pupils
- Willing to work flexibly to meet the needs of our pupils
- Has the ability to maintain and develop our extra-curricular provision and our residential programme
- Able to offer talents which will contribute to our vibrant and welcoming school
We can offer:
- Enthusiastic, hardworking children who love to learn and have fun
- A friendly and caring working environment
- An extremely well resourced school
- An excellent programme of professional development to allow you to progress in your career
- For NQTs a proven and successful coaching and mentoring programme
- Supportive colleagues, leadership team and governing body
Governors welcome applications from newly qualified and experienced teachers who are passionate about teaching PE and can work as part of our hard working school team to raise standards especially for our most vulnerable pupils and provide our children with enjoyable and creative learning experiences.
- Walk around school – Thursday 17th October 2019 at 3.45pm – please telephone school to book your place (0151-922-2136)
- Closing Date Noon Friday 25th October 2019
- Interviews will be held on Tuesday 12th November