An exciting opportunity has arisen for a qualified and experienced social worker/practitioner to join the management team at the Islington Learning Disabilities Partnership. You will be working alongside clinical leads and social care managers to support and develop the operational work, priorities and resilience of the team.
We are particularly looking for someone who has some leadership experience and lots of energy and enthusiasm, who is keen to develop their knowledge, skills and practice within the MDT and of transferring their learning, knowledge and skills from their current work. The team is welcoming and supportive, with lots of opportunities for learning, reflective case discussions and professional development.
The post is for someone with experience of Adult Social Care, with some experience in a supervisory/management role, who has/wants to develop their leadership and management skills. Ideally the person will have some pre and/or post qualifying experience of working with adults with global learning disabilities and/or adults with mental health diagnoses, autism, substance misuse, forensic histories and/or challenging behaviour, as the post is within the team that specialises in working with this client group.
Your primary role will be to:
- Work as part of the management team to manage the overall workload of the team
- Prioritise incoming referrals, work and allocations
- Provide supervision and support to Social workers and, as appropriate health care staff
- Act as Safeguarding Adults manager
- Contribute to staff recruitment and development
- Embed strength based assessments into practice
- Contributing to the management of budgets and expenditure
- Being accountable for your work
- To be able to work with IT and relevant systems
- Dealing with complaints
- Ensuring that recording is in accordance with required standards
- Representing the team to external and partner organisations and stakeholders
Closing date: Sunday, 27th October 2019
Interview date: w/c 4th November 2019
Please contact Jenny Mackley or Alison Spanner for more information 0207 527 6600 jenny.mackley@Islington.gov.uk or Alison.spanner@Islington.gov.uk