We are looking for an exceptional person to fill this key position in our seven day a week operation across the leading banqueting and cultural venue in Reading.
About The Role
We require an enthusiastic, creative Sous Chef to support our Executive Chef to run the busy kitchen within our prestigious Town Hall.
Responsible for preparation, presentation and delivery of high quality food for Banqueting, Diners, Conferences, Weddings, Functions and our Cafe you will need to be proactive, flexible and responsive to customer demand and a great cook.
You will be able to take charge but also work well under direction and be a great team player, capable of delivering under pressure up to 250 covers in a banquet setting as well as coping with the lunch time demands of our new café.
If you have experience of multi-functional catering, are flexible and able to multi task then we would like to hear from you.
It is essential that you are able to work evenings & weekends as this is our busiest period.
· Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service,
· Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
· A wide range of flexible working opportunities
· Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
· Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
· Employee Assistance Programme - round-the-clock access to free, impartial and completely confidential support and advice
· Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
· Cycle salary sacrifice scheme
· Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years.
For more information about this role or for an informal discussion please contact: Damian Parsons on 0118 937 4952 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org