Senior Sport and Health Development Officer
Salary: £33,436-£35,223 (SO2)
36 hours per week
Do you work in sport and health development? Are you interested in a new challenge? If the answer is ‘yes’ read on.
We are looking for a dynamic, creative and committed person to help us improve the physical and mental health of our residents and to help make Elmbridge a great place to live, work and play.
We are determined that our residents should have the opportunity to take part in a wide range of sports and activities to help support their physical and mental wellbeing. You will play a vital role in making this happen.
Working within the leisure and cultural services team, you will have the opportunity to manage a team driving new sport, health and physical activity initiatives. You will also work with local sports clubs and a wide range of voluntary sector groups, volunteers and other council teams leading activities across the borough.
- Experience of sport and health development work within the public or private sector.
- Continued professional development through recognised coaching\ instructing qualifications
- Experience of working in partnership with a range of organisations in the public, private and \ or voluntary sector
- Possess a sound working knowledge of Sport England\ Public Health initiatives and policies, County Sports Partnership and local strategies.
- The ability to work on your own initiative and as a part of a team.
- Understanding and commitment to equity principles.
- Experience of project management.
- Experience of financial management.
Elmbridge prides itself on being a learning organisation. You will have the opportunity for both professional and personal development through our talent programme and we will work with you to create a bespoke learning and development programme as appropriate to your role.
The wellbeing of our employees is vitally important to us; whether it’s mindfulness, healthy walks or mental health first aid, there are a wide range of opportunities available to you; after all, when you thrive, Elmbridge thrives.
Our careers website (https://careers.elmbridge.gov.uk/) will give you lots of information on Elmbridge and you should also view our LinkedIn page to see examples of our energy, creativity and commitment to our customers.
For an informal conversation about the post, please contact Emily Jones, Senior Sport and Health Development Officer on 01372 474570.
Closing Date: 18 November
Interview Date: 04 December