We are looking for an experienced practitioner to join our Conference and Reviewing Service at a time of exciting and positive change.
The Conference and Reviewing Service is responsible for:
- Independent Reviewing Officers; ensuring that the local authority is meeting is statutory requirements in relation to Children Looked After.
- Child Protection Conference Chairs; monitoring the quality and effectiveness of child protection plans and processes.
Working for Achieving for Children, you will have the opportunity to operate at the cutting edge of children’s services delivery. We are an award-winning social enterprise created by Kingston and Richmond Councils in 2014 and joined the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead in 2017. Achieving for Children is responsible for delivering the entirety of all three boroughs’ children’s services.
Achieving for Children has established a reputation as one of the leading children’s services providers in the country. We are one of the Department for Education’s ‘Partners in Practice’, tasked with leading improvement across the sector.
To be considered for a position within the Conference and Reviewing Service, you will be passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of children and young people. We would like to develop your talents and confidence in working across all of the service areas, whilst allowing you to specialise in particular areas of special interest. In addition to being a qualified social worker, with at least five years’ experience with previous management experience you will be able to demonstrate an ability to:
- Chair complex, multi-agency and multidisciplinary meetings, considering evidence presented and making judgements regarding significant harm, appropriate care plans and ongoing risks.
- Work autonomously and use the authority of the role appropriately.
- Demonstrate excellent presentation skills using knowledge and experience of Safeguarding, Child Protection and Children Looked After legislation, policy and statutory guidance.
- To analyse and plan strategically to ensure the service provided develops to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Evidence significant post qualifying training demonstrating a commitment to continuous professional development.
In return, we will offer you high quality support and development opportunities. If you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Caroline Ash, Head of Conference and Review on 07894 237459, or Caroline Mark, Associate Director for Quality Assurance and Review on 07771 626172 for an informal discussion.
Achieving for Children is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be required to undertake a Criminal Record Check.
Closing date: 17 November 2019
Interviews: 21 November 2019