Safer Streets Rough Sleeping Initiative (RSI) Outreach Worker - 1 Year Fixed Term Contract - 37.5 hours per week
About the role
The Safer Street Rough Sleeping Initiative (RSI) Outreach Service role is to help rough sleepers in the Hemel Hempstead and Dacorum area to access support services and accommodation.
The Safer Street RSI Outreach Worker will identify and work with individuals through the delivery of a street based daytime and occasional evening assertive outreach service. Also working a part of a multi-agency effort with a particular focus upon those individuals entrenched in the cycle of rough sleeping.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Positively engage with and sustain appropriate relationships with individuals who are often unwilling to engage with services
- Motivate, promote independence and ensure that adequate levels of support are given to each client
- Work on own initiative and as a part of a team
- Act calmly and respond professionally in stressful and difficult situations
This post will require occassional evening and weekend work to support the service provided.
We offer a range of benefits which include:
- Annual leave allowance of 25 days per year pro rata, plus statutory bank holidays
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Comprehensive training and development support with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 6,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £84 million and a development programme that will deliver around 300 new affordable homes each year.
How to Apply
Please see below for a copy of the Safer Street RSI Outreach Worker job description.
Closing date: Sunday 24th November 2019
Interviews: Friday 6th December 2019
Please note that suitable candidates will be invited to interview throughout the application window and therefore the vacancy may close at short notice, however all candidates will be advised of the outcome of their application and are therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.