About the Role
We currently have opportunities for 3 full time (37.5 hours) Assistant Support Worker at our supported living service in Hemel Hempstead.We are looking for caring, enthusiastic people who enjoy helping others and seeing the difference their support can make to enable individuals to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
Lord Alexander House provides purpose built flats for people with mental health issues. Each tenant has their own self contained flat and 24 hour on-site support.
Working as part of a dedicated team, your role as an Assistant Support Worker is to:
- Provide appropriate support to service users who are living in their own homes or in a supported housing setting to enable them to develop and maximise their independence
- This may involve promoting life skills such as shopping, managing budgets and domestic tasks such as cooking and cleaning
As an Assistant Support Worker you will:
- Follow agreed support plans and risk assessments to ensure that we are providing a service that meets each individual`s needs
- Support their aspirations and maximise their independence
You do not need sector experience as we provide a structured induction and comprehensive training to support you with your role and you will have the opportunity to gain an accredited vocational qualification.
We are looking for passionate people who with a `can-do` attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference and who have the ability to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable adults and communicate effectively using different methods according to peoples needs.
You will need to be able to:
- Work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday working
- Work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support
- Be flexible in your approach to work
- Have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting people with learning disabilities
In return for your hard work and commitment to our service users, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service
- £17, 082pa for a 37.5 hour a week contract plus overtime and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Comprehensive training and development support from day one with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Fully paid DBS
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Structured rota so you know your work pattern in advance
How to Apply
To apply for the position of an Assistant Support Worker please complete an online application form.
Closing date: Monday 18th November 2019
Interviews: To be confirmed
Hightown is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Successful candidates will need to have a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service, together with any other relevant recruitment checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.