Wokingham Borough Council who are based in Wokingham Town Centre is an exciting and dynamic Borough with over 140 miles of existing countryside Public Rights of Way (PRoW). We are currently recruiting for a full time permanent Public Rights of Way and Capital Projects Officer to support the management of the Borough’s existing PRoW network and to provide key input into developing a network for the future.
The purpose of this position is to work with the Public Rights of Way Manager to manage and improve the public rights of way network, undertake project management of capital improvement schemes, monitor the progress of incidental path maintenance, manage updates to the Council’s Definitive Map and Statement, manage enforcement cases and deal with legal changes to the network such as temporary and permanent diversions/extinguishments, traffic regulation orders and public rights of way claims.
Key Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:-
• Project management of small capital improvement schemes
• Undertake Public Rights of Way and National Street Gazetteer digitisation/implementation
• Manage legal orders and statutory registers relating to Public Rights of Way
• Manage public rights of way enforcement cases and where necessary undertake enforcement action
• Assist with improving and developing the Public Rights of Way network in line with the Rights of Way Improvement Plan
• Assist with PROW claims investigations
• Engage with Stakeholders and volunteer groups regarding stile replacements and access improvements on Public Rights of Way
Skills, Attributes & Experience required:-
• Experience of successfully resolving issues that require an element of judgement
• Experience of supporting projects to successful outcomes
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good team player and also the ability to work individually on your own initiative
• Ability to pay attention to detail, working with precision and accuracy
• Ability to manage challenging situations to a successful conclusion
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• Relevant qualification, or equivalent experience in the specialist area
• Working towards membership of a relevant body
• Evidence of continuous personal and professional development
Closing date for applications: 6th December 2019
Interviews will be held on 10/12/19
If you would like an informal discussion about this role, please contact Andrew Fletcher at firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t miss out on an opportunity to work with this dynamic team.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
To apply, please follow the link to the online application form. CVs are not accepted.
Alternatively, please call 0118 974 6116 (answerphone outside office hours) quoting ref: 710842
Wokingham is an equal opportunit