Centrally located in the Thames Gateway, Gravesham Borough Council provides a range of services to over 95,000 people and 3,000 businesses.
The Borough of Gravesham, situated in the north west corner of Kent, covers 25,000 acres of the most varied countryside in south east England.
Bordered by the River Thames to the north, it is at the heart of Thames Gateway and has a significant role to play in the regeneration of a major government growth area.
Gravesham Borough Council is committed to delivering to the community and working with us means you are part of delivering the level of growth and improvement our community needs and deserves.
- To provide an effective enhanced housing management service to all residents living in a sheltered housing environment
- To provide onsite visits of sheltered housing schemes with regard to maintenance, health and safety and cleanliness.
Undertake a range of specialist tasks including:
- To provide an enhanced housing management service to residents living in a sheltered housing environment.
- To provide a home visiting service to maintain adequacy and safety of accommodation
- To contribute to the continuous improvement of the Sheltered Housing Service
- To be available for call outs at the scheme in an emergency
- To be a proactive member of the team, to continually seek to improve and develop own skills and to operate and comply with Gravesham Council policies and procedures in line with the vision, values and behaviours of the authority
- To provide staff cover at other Gravesham Council Sheltered Housing schemes to ensure that an enhanced housing management service to residents is maintained in the absence of other staff members during periods of annual leave or sickness.
- Good verbal and written communication skill
- Excellent listening skills.
- Good administrative skills including organisation and time management and both paper and electronic record keeping
- An ability to work flexibly as part of a team
- An ability to support individuals to access other services.
- Good IT skills including working knowledge of Word PowerPoint and Excel
- Visiting elderly residents in their own homes (in a similar working environment) including carrying out property checks
- Experience of undertaking Tenants risk and need assessments
- Experience of completion of Tenants Profile
- Full, valid driving license and use of a car is essential as travel around the borough is required on a daily basis
- DBS clearance is required
- A good knowledge of welfare benefits
- Visiting those with learning and/or other disabilities
- Experience of adapting to change in a similar work environment
In return we offer you
A generous holiday entitlement, plus paid bank holidays.
In-house and external training including non-qualification, Continued Personal Development (CPD) and other qualification training.
Employee Assistance Programme
The Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) is a free and confidential support service, offering you unlimited access to advice and information as well as coaching and counselling where appropriate.
Available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, the service is there to help you manage all of life's events and support you through the challenges. Their expert advisers are there to help,
whenever you need them. Support on the telephone, online and face to face.
Cycle to work
By working with us you'll typically save between 31% and 48% of the retail cost of bikes and accessories. You can find out more on the Cycle Solutions website.
A very secure pension scheme which both you and we pay into. More information can be found on the Local Government Pension Scheme website.
An on-site Occupational Health Advisor. We have an occupational health service provided by East Kent Hospitals University Foundation NHS Trust. The service is delivered by a team of health professionals who specialise in occupational medicine and deal with the relationship between your work and your health. Occupational Health also works with us to resolve any issues in the workplace and also to ensure that well-being at work is maintained.
If you would like to have an informal discussion with the Sheltered Housing Team Leader Dawn Fisher please call 01474 337175.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements as listed in the job profile
Equal Opportunities Commitment Statement
Gravesham Borough Council is working towards equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted. All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.