Develop your social care career in systemic practice and join this innovative teaching borough within the Intervention & Support Team. We support all our social workers to deliver face to face relationship based practice where you are able to provide evidenced based interventions to children and families in our community.
Havering is investing in children’s services by ensuring all social workers have access to innovative resources and receive free accredited systemic training. By joining our team you will also have access to case consultations from our in-house Clinical Team and support from our fully integrated business support team to enable you to deliver direct practice.
- Free 15 day accredited training in ‘Advanced Certificate in Systemic Practice with Families & Couples
- Low caseloads
- Fully integrated Business support
- 4G Laptops and mobile phones
- Onsite Clinical consultations
- Subsidised car park
- Supported study leave
Social Worker –Assessment
Salary £37,794 to £43,590 plus £4000 Market Supplement
Havering Children’s Services strives to make a difference within our community through our ‘Face to Face programme.’
As a Children’s Social Worker in the Intervention and Support Team duties and responsibilities will cover children in care, children subject to child protection plans, children in need, care proceedings, permanency planning processes.
Head offices are centrally located in Romford Town centre, only 18 minutes from London Liverpool Street Station; Crossrail will be available from May 2017. Romford is in the hub of the Havering; our centralised bus system enables easy transports links across the entire borough.
We offer onsite subsidised car parking, easily accessible within the M25, A12, A406 and A127.
- Contribute to the delivery of an effective children’s social care service as part of a social work team, improving outcomes for children and young people.
- Manage caseloads dependent upon experience, grade of post and complexity of cases, utilising specialist knowledge for appropriate interventions, needs and assessments, care planning and child protection investigations.
- Carry out high quality assessments, using child-centred, community focused, and multi-agency interventions to bring about positive change through developing effective relationships and to secure the best outcomes for children and young people.
- Ensure children and young people are adequately protected in line with Havering LSCB and departmental policy and procedures and relevant legislation.
The London Borough of Havering is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Priority consideration on all advertised roles will be given to London Borough of Havering Redeployees.
The London Borough of Havering is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) check will be required for any position with access to these groups under the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
In addition, the Authority reserves the right to request employees undertake a basic disclosure check (Disclosure Scotland) where required for the role this includes anyone who has access to (or information obtained directly from) a government database, or has a GCSX account. These posts will be required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland check as per the requirements of BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standards).
Should you require any help or advice with your online application, please contact the Recruitment Help Desk on: 01708 432770
For further information on this role please contact Anami Bose on tel 01708 431364.
The closing date for this role is 22/12/2019. However, if the interest in this role is high, we may look to close this earlier.
You will be notified of the outcome of your application and successful candidates will be invited to an interview shortly after.