Wokingham Borough Council, based in Wokingham Town Centre, are currently recruiting for a Contracts and Commissioning Manager, to work with the Strategy & Commissioning People Team (Children’s and Adults Services).
The role is a full time 18 month contract and will report to the Assistant Director. The purpose of this role is to lead the contract management function, relevant to commissioned activity with Children’s and Adult’s Services. Ensuring Value for Money and driving efficiency.. At the same time contribute to the delivery of the Council’s outcomes for its residents, customers and clients. To lead on the development and delivery of a robust Contract Management Framework within both Children’s and Adults Services.
Key Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:-
- Implementing a new contract management system and developing a contract management culture within the Directorates.
- Leading a team of professional specialists, ensuring robust mechanisms for contract and performance monitoring
- Securing quality in externally commissioned services to provide assurance and to identify area of improvement to drive up the quality of services (aligned to Ofsted and CQC’s Inspection Framework
- Working in collaboration with Managers across all areas of the Council to monitor and manage overall performance, including service and financial planning to ensure the specialist delivers and supports the outcomes agreed in the Corporate Plan
- Leadership accountabilities is to provide functional and operational leadership of direct line reports, ensuring the provision of professional services to meet customer needs
- Ensure legislative and professional compliance and challenge where these are not being met
- Effective discharge of the Council’s statutory responsibilities for the area of specialism together with associated regulatory responsibilities
- Ensure the area of specialism works collaboratively and proactively in all areas of the organisation including mentoring staff in order to improve delivery of the specialism
- Conduct performance appraisals and staff development for a number of staff
Skills, Attributes & Experience required:-
- Experience of leading a contract management team in the delivery of high quality performance management framework, developing the provider marking and driving efficiencies.
- Experience of successfully resolving highly complex cases relating to the specialist area requiring a significant element of judgement is essential
- Significant understanding of the political landscape and legislative frameworks is essential
- Experience of championing own ideas to allow them to be delivered is desirable
- Experience of working in a matrix management environment, where cross-team and cross-organisation working are essential
- Experience of leading complex and major projects to successful outcomes
- Significant experience of leading the development and delivery of Policies and Strategies
- Effectively leading a group of professional Staff
- Experience of effective partnership working and Stakeholder Management, to obtain desired outcomes for customers
- Degree level or equivalent professional qualifications or expertise is essential
- Evidence of continuous personal and professional development
- Management qualification
Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to be a key player in Wokingham Borough Council’s Strategy & Commissioning, People Team.
If you would like an informal discussion about this role, please contact Sandra Bayden at email@example.com
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. To apply, please follow the link to the online application form. CVs are not accepted. Alternatively, please call 0118 974 6116 (answerphone outside office hours) quoting ref: 710628
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 22nd December