Community Transport Driver
Community Support Services
£19,094 - £21,564 full time salary
Part-time /3 days a week/ 21.6 hrs per week
Could you be a life-line for hundreds of people in the community? Thanks to our community transport service, those older and more vulnerable in our community can continue an active lifestyle attending classes, our Centres for the Community, support groups and medical appointments.
Our fleet of accessible vehicles is available to older residents with a mobility impairment and you can be part of the team as a community transport driver. You have probably seen the buses around Elmbridge!
- You will have a full current driving license for at least 2 years, with basic literacy and numeracy skills.
- You will have the smile, have the caring attitude and the commitment to customer service that our customers that will make all the difference to their day.
- You will have the organisational and good communication skills and be willing to muck-in and support the rest of the team when needed.
We pride ourselves on placing our customers at the heart of everything we do. This especially applies to our community support team. This group of committed and inspiring individuals come together to offer our residents a huge variety of care and support. For example,
- Meals on wheels
- Seven Centres for the Community
- Community alarm and telecare services
- Community transport
- Relief carers scheme
- Independent living centre
- And specialist groups supporting those with Parkinson’s and those recovering from a stroke.
- Of course, you will be generally out-and-about around the borough (and part of Mole Valley), regularly driving our customers to their medical appointments, as well as bringing them to our Centres and their group sessions.
- You will be based at our transport depot at the River Mole Business Park in Esher.
If you think you can make a difference in the community, then we need you!
If you have any queries, please call us on 01372 474545/ 01372 474551
What are you waiting for?
Closing Date: 16th December - midday
Interviews: 20th December