North East Lincolnshire Council’s Children’s Services are committed to achieving best outcomes for children, young people and families. We are seeking a Team Manager to join our Through Care team (Long term LAC and Care Leavers). this post is at the heart of the drive to continually improve practice across Children’s Services and is fully supported by a leadership team who are committed to promoting a safeguarding culture.
We are looking for a permanent Team Manager with at least five years post qualifying experience to support the delivery of North East Lincolnshire Council’s statutory responsibilities to safeguard and promote the welfare of vulnerable children and young people in North East Lincolnshire. You will lead a team (or teams) of social workers, other practitioners and professionals delivering professional services that meet established legislative requirements and adhere to the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) Code of Practice for Social Care Workers. You will contribute to the realisation of the Council Plan and delivery of services for vulnerable children, young people and families through effective leadership, planning, management and professional supervision of a team engaged in the delivery of a defined range of social care.
We are looking for someone who is -
- Is a confident practitioner with high levels of professional knowledge and exemplary practice
- Has knowledge and understanding of statutory and regulatory framework relevant to social care for vulnerable children, young people and families
- Understands codes of practice and operating procedures relevant to the service and an up to date understanding of the challenges facing Children’s Services at a local and national level.
- Has knowledge of current research relating to Children’s social care generally and specifically to the relevant service area
- Has a good understanding of risk and performance management including performance management and business improvement indicators, tools, systems and models relevant to a social care service
- Is able to develop and maintain effective and mutually beneficial working relationships with senior and peer colleagues and other professionals and works collaboratively to ensure best outcomes for the child or young person, providing objective and respectful challenge when appropriate
- Role models professional behaviours and a positive outlook
- Is organised, self-motivated and emotionally resilient
- Is able to work flexibly and be adaptable when working in an environment where priorities can change quickly
Why work for North East Lincolnshire?
- Strong management support from a leadership team committed to developing and driving excellence in practice across Children’s Services
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the children and families in need of our support and intervention
- Commitment to reducing the demand for Social Care and supporting families with the Early Help provision, together with excellent working relationships with Locality and Early Help Managers to deliver better services
- A commitment to your professional development with opportunities to access Management Development programmes, professional training and coaching or mentoring
- A commitment to regular, effective and reflective supervision
- A commitment to achieving low, manageable caseloads for Social Workers
- A competitive salary with generous holiday entitlement, excellent terms and conditions and membership of a Local Government Pension Scheme
- Opportunities for flexible working including Agile working
- Payment of HCPC fees and a range of other staff benefits, including relocation packages, where applicable
- An excellent working environment in attractive, modern offices with a seafront location in a busy and vibrant east coast resort.
For an informal discussion, please contact:
Alison Dear - 01472 326647 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Monday 6th January 2020