ASSISTANT CHEF / MANAGER
8.30am to 2.30pm Term Time & INSET days, to start ASAP
BFBC Grade J scale point 4 to 6 depending on experience.
Actual Salary £13,099 to £13,602 per annum Incl. OLW
School hours would be considered
- Are you a trained Chef looking for a new challenge?
- Do you want to be part of an in house catering team offering high quality meals to our pupils, staff and visitors?
If so, we would love to hear from you.
We are a lovely, welcoming school who are committed to providing high-quality home cooked meals for our pupils, staff and visitors. We are unique in that we have our own in house catering team who are an integral part of the school, and we are extremely proud of the quality of the food that we serve.
The successful candidates will:
- work alongside the Catering Manager to provide consistently good quality from scratch meals and desserts for approximately 500 pupils, staff and visitors each day
- deputise for the Catering Manager and run the unit in their absence
- Have a professional cookery qualification (C&G) plus proven experience
- Have a creative and innovative approach to menus and special diets
- Have a passion for exceeding customers’ expectations
- Be able to implement systems developed to ensure consistency
- ensure that all health & safety standards relevant to catering practices are met and recorded as required by the Food Hygiene Act
- be organised, efficient, flexible and reliable
- take an active part in school life
- Work as part of a supportive team who enjoy fun and have a good sense of humour!
We can offer:
- Regular hours during the day
- School Holidays off
- Keen, curious & enthusiastic children
- A team of hardworking and enthusiastic professionals
- A steady supply of cake!
Application deadline: 12 Noon Friday 24th January 2020
Interviews: To be confirmed
For more information about this post, please contact the school.
Tel: 01344 860106
Binfield Primary School is committed to safeguarding children and the position is subject
to an enhanced DBS disclosure, satisfactory references and relevant documentation.