St Joachim’s Catholic Primary School
Our Lady of Grace Catholic Academy Trust
Headteacher: Mr. J. Allen
London E16 3DT
Tel: 0207 476 1658
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
LEARNING MENTOR AND PASTORAL SUPPORT VACANCY
Start Date: 24th February 2020 (Or earlier)
36 hours per week – Term time only
Qualified Scale 5 point 12-15 £24,462 - £25,809 (pro rata)
We can offer you:
- an outstanding Catholic school with motivated and enthusiastic pupils
- an excellent school ethos with strong links with the parish community
- long standing and committed leadership
- a supportive board of trustees and governing body
- excellent opportunities for personalised CPD
- fantastic career progression opportunities
- a comprehensive professional support network
- personal welfare package
- easy access by transport and parking available
- brand new working facilities
Our successful candidate will:
- be fully committed to our Catholic ethos
- have an enthusiasm for supporting and developing our school and curriculum
- be passionate and ambitious about the education of all children
- have high expectations and a commitment to raising standards
- enjoy working in a strong team environment
- be flexible to the changing needs of the school and academy
We are looking for a committed, hardworking, enthusiastic and caring person to work in our friendly Outstanding Catholic Primary School. We welcome applications, both from graduates who may be looking to begin a career in education, or those who have previous experience working with young people.
The post of Learning Mentor and Pastoral Support is a unique role within the school where it involves supporting children from Nursery to Year 6 including those with special needs and English as an additional language, to overcome barriers to learning. This post may involve some 1 to 1 work with children who have additional needs.
The appointed person will also be expected to run after school clubs on some days, as part of the designated hours.
As part of the interview process short listed candidates will be asked to carry out an English and Maths assessment. Reference requests will be sent for if you are short listed.
Tests and interviews will take place on Friday 17th January 2020.
Application forms can also be obtained from our school website:
www.st-joachims.newham.sch.uk/jobs or by calling or emailing the school.
Applications can be returned to the school by email: email@example.com referencing in the title Learning Mentor and Pastoral support. Applications by post or hand are also welcome.
Completed forms should be returned to St Joachim’s by 5pm Friday 10th January 2020.
St Joachim’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to employment checks. References will be sought and the successful candidate will be required to complete a Disclosure + Barring Service Check.