Rise Park Academy Trust
Rise Park Junior School
Annan Way, Romford, Essex RM1 4UD
Telephone: 01708 761935
Fax: 01708 742232
Executive Headteacher: Mrs C. Fox
Pastoral Mentor - KS2
Hours: 17.5 hours per week (12pm - 3:30pm)
Grade: Awaiting confirmation of Job Evaluation
Required for January 2020
Rise Park Junior School is part of Rise Park Academy Trust, where children are well behaved and keen to learn. Staff are friendly and supportive within a welcoming, aspirational environment.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic Pastoral Mentor to join our successful team. The Pastoral Mentor role will involve working with students on a 1-1 basis as well as working with small groups of students to offer targeted intervention to support the social and emotional development of disadvantaged students. The role may also involve working within classes to offer support to students alongside the class teacher.
The successful candidate will be:
- Passionate about supporting all groups of children to reach their personal potential.
- Experienced in working with pupils with additional needs.
- Able to contribute to ensuring our lunchtime is a safe and enjoyable experience for all.
- Able to develop positive relationships with pupils and able to use a variety of strategies to meet individual needs.
- Proactive, well organised and willing to work collaboratively with all staff.
- Flexible and able to work well as part of a team.
We welcome applications both from experienced Pastoral Mentors and from those with other relevant experience of working with children or young people who can demonstrate their ability to engage children.
Please apply online.
Closing date for applications: Friday 13th December 2019
Please assume that if you have not had any acknowledgement of your application that you have not been successful.
The position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service checks (DBS) disclosure check. Rise Park Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Rise Park Academy Trust is an Equal Opportunities employer.