This is a very exciting time to be joining Network Homes. With over 20,000 properties and a substantial development and sales programme, we never stand still. We believe that good homes make everything possible and are committed to meeting the diverse needs of all of our customers.
We are looking to recruit a full time Scheme Manager on a fix term contract until the end of June 2020, who will ensure the provision of an intensive housing management service to tenancy management and enforcing tenancy conditions, void control, dealing with anti social behaviour, performance reporting, carrying out Estate and Health & Safety inspection and encouraging tenant participation
This is a full-time role and the successful candidate will be based onsite at an individual scheme.
The Scheme Manager will be responsible for:
- Responsible for Managing the Scheme including wellbeing of the residents, property and Company assets.
- Accountable for Fire Risk Assessment for entire Scheme including overall property and individual Residential Fire Risk Assessment.
- Conduct Health & Safety checks; monthly H&S Audits; escalation of hazards or repairs requirements to relevant bodies; carry our minor risk resolutions.
- Intensive Housing Management: o Property viewings: carry out guided tour of Scheme, flat, communal area and building accessibility for potential tenants (includes carrying our visitor inductions). o Tenancy assessments:
- conducting assessment of tenant’s suitability for Scheme property; assessment of their specific needs (i.e. mobility, carer needs, carry out a risk assessment in accordance to H&S standards
- engaging new tenants and completion of new tenant contracts – walking through the contracts to ensure understanding and compliance (via an interpreter if require); signposting to benefits support; repercussions of fraudulent activities; explain legal obligations as tenant and information around their rights and responsibilities; explaining rent and service charges structures
- verification of identity documentation and leave to remain in the UK, in line with legislation o Delivery of new tenant inductions – H&S Induction, walk-round and introduction to facilities at Scheme o Managing termination of tenancies and re-circulation of property following end of life cases / vacation of properties.
- Carrying out assessment of property maintenance requirements. Liaising with repairs and voids teams to manage repairs or re-circulation of property within timely manner.
- Proactively engaging residents, next of kin nominees, emergency services and other external bodies to facilitate an enhanced resident experience.
- Income management including following up rent arrears; Income recovery by arranging repayment plans.
- Financial management for Scheme/s including but not limited to handling of petty cash, Guest Room expenditure, collection of TV license fees, etc; responsible for accurate recording and banking monies received.
- Responsible for proactively managing dispute resolution amongst tenants; putting measures into place to prevent Anti-Social Behaviours within Scheme.
- Responsible for establishing and delivering a Support Plan for residences (dependent upon Borough).
- Accountable for Health & Wellbeing of Vulnerable Adults and enforcing Safeguarding measures, in liaison with statutory and voluntary bodies.
- Working in partnership with emergency services, Mental Health professionals, Care providers, Age UK, Forensic Teams, and other professional agencies to deliver a first-class customer service standard.
- Working in collaboration with various internal department including Asset Management, Voids & Lettings, Income Team, Contract Management, and Finance teams.
- Management of social events and wellbeing initiatives within the Scheme and local communities to promote social interaction, wellbeing and prevent isolation risks.
- A good level of education commensurate to the level of the role
Knowledge and skills required
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong Administration / organisation skills
- Customer service focus and ability to use initiative
- Skilled in time management
- Ability to apply confidentiality
- High standard of IT skills - able to use Word, Excel and good record keeping and file maintenance skills
- Knowledge of the role of the Care Quality Commission (CQC), of the needs of the elderly and statutory and voluntary services including DWP and Adult Social Care Services
- Promoting independence and continual service improvement within a sheltered housing setting
- Working effectively with an on-site Care Manager and team of carers, health providers and other interested parties regarding the housing and support needs of residents
- Delivering appropriate support, either directly or via referral or signposting to specialist providers, in line with the appropriate grant funding regime
- Proactively building and maintaining relationships with voluntary and statutory agencies to develop a programme of health and well being activities
- Working with external groups/agencies to ensure all scheme facilities are available to the wider community
The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS Check.
For more information on this role, please view role profile.
This is a great opportunity to join us at a time of sustained growth and exciting change for the organisation, when you can have a personal impact on our success. Please apply using the form below, ensuring that you quote the Reference Number and Job Title.
If you would like to discuss the role further, please contact us on email@example.com. Please ensure that you read the important information for candidates prior to completing your application and refer to our Recruitment FAQs if you require further information about the recruitment process.
We look forward to your applciation.