We have a great opportunity for an experienced Contract Officer.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Fully understand the department’s strategic view of service delivery and how the repair and maintenance service will interface with other sections.
- Ability to analyse complex situations, define problems, produce acceptable solutions and subsequently implement against tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill, sufficient to write reports and analyse inform action to identify issues and themes and recommend action. With the ability to adapt the approach for different audiences.
- Ability to produce and implement innovative solutions to intransigent problems.
- Ability to instigate change within a complex environment.
- Good knowledge of IT systems including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Sound background experience in building services and contract administration of major schemes.
- Commercial experience in negotiating high value service contracts.
- The management of complex budgets and the ability to deliver within financial targets.
- Evidence of providing innovative solutions to the maintenance and repair of engineering plant.
- Experience of the management of range of Technical Services functions in the public or commercial sectors.
- Excellent customer focus and a genuine desire to achieve excellence in all areas of responsibility