About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic and organised individual to provide the Active Surrey team with both finance and administrative support. The successful candidate will work alongside colleagues to deliver both financial administration as well as supporting the wider team with general event, course and programme admin support.
Active Surrey is the lead strategic agency for sport and physical activity in the county and it is our vision to be the most active county. Our work enables everyone, even the most vulnerable, deprived or disengaged in Surrey, to lead more active and enriched lives. We deliver county wide events including the Specsavers Surrey Youth Games and the Surrey School Games.
We are looking for someone who has good organisational skills and attention to detail who has an interest or experience in financial administration. The Finance and Administration Assistant must be willing to perform routine tasks as well as undertake ad-hoc project based work. Key tasks are likely to include:
- Raising purchase orders
- Managing and reconciling petty cash and credit cards
- Processing supplier invoices and customer invoicing for the organisation with good attention to detail
- Completing monthly budget reconciliations
- Supporting the Finance Manager with ad-hoc tasks when required, such as collating information for budget reviews and board reports
- Providing general administrative support to the wider team including overseeing course bookings, assisting in general event support and providing admin support to the wider team.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage workloads and deadlines
- Accurate data entry skills with excellent attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- Experience of basic financial procedures and competency in excel
- Broader IT skills including email, word and powerpoint
- Strong communication skills and the ability to efficiently communicate with colleagues at all levels
- Experience of providing excellent customer service
- Integrity with the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- A fun, positive and engaged professional who demonstrates initiative and a proactive approach.
Active Surrey, part of the national Active Partnerships (AP) Network, is a not for-profit organisation, hosted by Surrey County Council and based at Active Surrey's office in Woking.
Whilst this role is advertised as part time, there is flexibility for the right candidate to be offered on a term time only basis.
For an informal discussion contact Elizabeth Duggan on 01483 518944 or by e-mail at Elizabeth.email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 29th January 2020.
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 11th February 2020 at Surrey County Council Offices, Quadrant Court, Guildford Road, Woking, GU22 7QQ.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 24 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.