Enfield Borough Council is looking to appoint an excellent Head of School and Early Years Improvement Services with an outstanding record of success in school improvement. The post will require you to provide strong leadership and management of the Council's work in challenging and supporting high standards in teaching and learning across schools and early years settings in Enfield . You will provide the Council's strategic leadership on school improvement, with an emphasis upon ensuring that the Local Authority is a highly effective systems leader for all our children, fulfilling our statutory responsibilities and maintaining effective relationships with headteachers, education leaders, Ofsted and all stakeholders. Using robust data, you will hold schools to account for their performance and fulfil our statutory responsibilities to ensure that schools take action to address areas for development and drive continuous improvement.
As a member of the Education Senior Leadership Team you will contribute to the formulation of overall strategy, setting policy and performance targets for the service. You will work closely with Elected Members, reporting on the performance of schools on a regular basis to Overview and Scrutiny.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced and dynamic professional with a track record of success, who can develop and deliver new approaches to raising standards for every child in all settings through:
- Partnership working with maintained schools, academies and settings
- Successful and Innovative approaches to leadership & teaching and learning
- Rigorous pursuit of excellence for all
We are very ambitious for all of our children in Enfield and we are looking for someone who shares this ambition and who can demonstrate that they:
- have successful experience of senior leadership within schools and/or a local authority which demonstrates impact in raising standards of pupils' achievement;
- can provide strategic leadership for the service in a changing context;
- have leading edge knowledge of school improvement and the role of the Local Authority in promoting school improvement;
- have a thorough understanding, gained from practical experience, of how school performance and standards can be improved;
- have excellent data analysis and reporting skills;
- have a highly positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, energy, drive and commitment to achieving our vision that every learner achieves more than they thought possible.
- are able to work with Elected Members and politically sensitive issues
Full Time, permanent contract although a secondment would be considered
Salary is £87,523 - £91,119 pa (including London weighting)
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date is Midnight on Sunday 9th February 2020.
Provisional interview date is Friday 28th February 2020.Additional Information
To apply please click on the link below
This role requires that you upload 2 documents.
- a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification.
- your CV which includes your full work history since leaving full time education.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Claire Turner on 0208 132 1024 or Claire.Turner@enfield.gov.uk .
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Peter Nathan, Director of Education on 0208 3795492 for an informal discussion.
A textphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 020 8379 4419.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.