Deputy Headteacher - Curriculum development,Achievement and Standards
Required for September 2020 ( or as soon as possible)
Salary range: L14-L19
IMPACT is Sefton’s Secondary Pupil Referral Unit for pupils from y7-y11, providing placements for pre and permanently excluded pupils on a split site with access to a variety of Alternative provision placements from y9. Information to Candidates
This vacancy arises due to resignation of the previous post holder and comes amidst a proposed reorganisation of roles and responsibilities within the senior leadership team. The school has operated with the Head Teacher and a Strategic Head Teacher , a Head of Centre at KS3 and an Alternative Provision Manager since September, however we are now in a position to appoint a new Deputy Head teacher to join the leadership team of our school as it continues its journey to outstanding.
You will be:
- An experienced senior/middle leader with a proven track record
- Experienced in systems, strategic planning and use of data
- Able to inspire and enthuse students, staff and the community
- A professional with drive, energy, determination and an aspiration to headship within three to five years
We can offer;
- An opportunity to join the leadership team at a time of reshaping the future of this provision
- A staff team committed to re-engaging often disaffected and challenging young people with their learning
- A vibrant and diverse student community
- Strong support from the Headteacher, and governing body.
- The opportunity to play a part in supporting our pupils to achieve their potential through identifying new and innovative ways to re-engage them with their learning.
If you wish to be considered for the post, an application pack is available within the vacancies section of www.sefton.gov.uk or via the school website. Alternatively contact Nicola Cullen on 0151 924 8128 for any further information in regards to applying for the post.
- Closing Date - Monday 24th February 2020 at 4pm
- Shortlisting / Invitations to Interview – W/C 2nd March 2020
- Day One Interviews - Tuesday 17th March 2020
- Day Two Interviews - Wednesday 18th March 2020
Please return completed application forms with a supporting letter addressed to the Headteacher to IMPACT Sefton Secondary Pupil Referral Unit, Daleacre Drive, Netherton, L30 2QQ or by email to email@example.com
Please note, CV’s will not be accepted.
If you have not been contacted within three weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Level DBS check.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The school is an Equal Opportunities Employer and positively welcomes applicants from all people regardless of their sex, race or disability. Due to the nature of work the above post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and relevant care/safeguarding legislation and appointment will only be confirmed if a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure is obtained from the Criminal Records Bureau.