Behaviour Support Assistant
Scale 3: £22,800 - £23,211 per annum (Pro rata)
Permanent |Full Time | 35 hours per week | Term Time + 1 weeks (40 weeks per year)
Staggered shifts (Start and end times to be agreed with LM)
St Paul’s Way Trust School is a highly successful Ofsted Outstanding ‘Through School’ and ‘National Teaching School’ where all of our students matter, where expectations of all the members within our community are high and where personal achievement and fulfilment are valued and sought after. To this end we seek to provide the highest level of academic and pastoral provision enriched with an extensive programme of activities.
The Trustees and Governors are seeking to appoint an exceptionally well qualified and talented Behaviour Support Assistant. The successful candidate will have a calm, professional and approachable manner to support the raising of attainment of all students, and in particular for students at risk of exclusion.
Key Tasks will include:
- To report to the Behaviour Support Co-Ordinator to help establish effective strategies in all areas of pastoral care
- To implement the behaviour for learning policy
- To support in developing and implementing long-term behaviour plans that will guide staff to support students to overcome barriers to learning and maximise the opportunities provided for them.
- To support in planning early intervention programmes to support the behaviour and wellbeing of targeted students
- To provide support to all students in enabling them to achieve their potential both academically and socially.
- To support the school’s commitment to fully engage students at risk of exclusion.
- To support the raising of attainment of targeted groups of students
- To support the effective running of the school’s Pastoral Support Centre
We are at an exciting time of expansion as St Paul’s Way Trust School continues as the lead school within the ‘University Schools Trust’. Our award winning new building is situated in the heart of East London. Professor Brian Cox OBE is our Patron.
If you would like to play your part in delivering outstanding pastoral provision for our students, whilst receiving the very best support to develop your career, then we would very much like to hear from you.
Please note we do not accept CVs alone.
Application closing date:
Midday, Monday 24th February 2020
St Paul’s Way Trust School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS Check.