Principal - The Winsford Academy - A founding member of The Fallibroome Trust
Winsford, Cheshire NOR: 963, capacity 1050
Salary: L28 - L35; £79,748 - £94,669
Start date: September 2020 (or earlier if notice allows)
The Winsford Academy is a co-educational 11 – 16 secondary school and part of a ten school multi-academy trust. It is a fully inclusive comprehensive school which was established by the amalgamation of two predecessor schools. We consider ourselves privileged to help to shape young lives in our community and we take the responsibility very seriously.
We are looking for leader with the passion, drive and energy to build on the success of the current Principal who has been promoted to a new Headship.
The school operates from a purpose built £20M site which opened in September 2013. After four years of transition, with a significant programme of rightsizing and budget rebalancing, the Governors, staff and Trust have created a stable school with much improved outcomes.
The challenge now is to lead the school to the level of academic achievement and attainment that its pupils deserve. The school is rated currently as ‘Good’, a judgement secured after two years of sponsorship by the Fallibroome Trust. The popularity of the school is reflected in the oversubscription of year 7 for the past two years.
The Academy aspires to become a focal point for the economic and cultural regeneration of Winsford and you will find a deeply committed community that will respond enthusiastically to the opportunities your leadership will bring. Experience of building parental and community engagement is a key skill you will need.
We have created a welcoming and purposeful environment with relationships built on mutual respect. We have an exceptionally strong pastoral team underpinning our academic drive to ensure our young people feel supported, cared for and guided to achieve their potential.
We are delighted to be the partner school in a multi-million pound sports complex at Knight’s Grange in Winsford. This brings opportunities to our students in sports, public services, health & social care and catering & hospitality which are unparalleled to any other high school setting.
What we are looking for:
- A serving Principal or an exceptional Vice Principal in a large secondary school that is ‘good’ or ‘outstanding’ or has a demonstrable record of improvement
- A strong sense of moral purpose, a focus on pupil needs and the ability to assess the impact of teaching standards on student learning
- Demonstrates evidence of school improvement and a commitment to high standards
- Ideally will have led, or been part of, a senior leadership team leading a school to ‘good’ or ‘outstanding’ and have worked in a ‘good’ or ‘outstanding’ school
- Financially literate with experience of managing a £multi-million budget
- A commitment to the values of the Trust and the principles of collaboration
- A track record of building relationships with feeder Primary Schools to drive pupil numbers and support transition
- Able to build strong relationships and engage effectively with parents and the community in order to build confidence in the school
- A collaborative leadership style and work consultatively with senior leaders and teaching staff
- The passion, drive and energy to inspire and empower others
In return you can expect:
- Support from a Trust with a national reputation for excellence
- A committed and passionate staff
- The support of an effective, forward thinking Governing Body committed to providing high quality education in an aspirational learning environment
- An enthusiastic student body with a sense of pride in themselves and the achievements of their school
- The support of a collegiate group of Headteachers who develop the Trust’s strategy
- The mentorship of the CEO who is a respected National Leader of Education
This will be a truly rewarding experience for the right candidate offering the opportunity to make a significant impact and real difference as the Academy moves into its next phase of development.
Please download a recruitment pack from http://www.fallibroometrust.com/vacancies/.
Completed applications should be returned to email@example.com and all applications will be acknowledged.
CLOSING DATE: 6th March 2020 (12.00 noon)
ORIENTATION DAY: 12th March 2020
FORMAL INTERVIEWS: 16th & 17th March 2020
For an informal conversation about the role with the Fallibroome Trust CEO, please contact Alison Nuttall (CEO’s PA) at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Fallibroome Trust HR Director at email@example.com