LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST
DEPARTMENT: SELECTIVE LICENSING & REGULATION
JOB TITLE: LICENSING ENFORCEMENT OFFICER [PRIVATE SECTOR HOUSING]
PAY: £36,794 - £39,113*
4 Permanent and 4 x 1 year contracts
[*includes £5,000 market supplement PA]
Location: 3 The Square Leyton E10 5NR.
Working Pattern: Full Time
Hours: 36 hours per week
DBS Check: No
Closing Date: 2 March 2020 at 23.30 hrs
Would you like to be part of one of the most ambitious property licensing schemes in London?
- Exciting and challenging work environment – lots of variety and opportunities to stretch your capabilities
- Career progression – we provide training and courses to help you improve your potential
- One of the highest pay levels in London – we offer a market supplement on the standard pay scales to ensure good staff are rewarded for the work they do
- A range of staff benefits, from flexible working and a tax-free bike scheme to discounts in stores and interest-free travel loans.
We’re looking to recruit two permanent Licensing Enforcement Officers to support the Council’s private sector housing enforcement and licensing functions.
Waltham Forest is designated as a Selective Licensing area and was one of the first Councils to adopt and use powers to impose financial penalties as an alternative to prosecution proceedings.
The appointed officers will display a commitment to strong enforcement actions using the full range of available powers. Displaying excellent verbal and written communication skills, and flexibility in working patterns and practices, the successful candidate will play a central role in the delivery of housing enforcement and licensing objectives.
Appointed officers will ensure that all aspects of commerciality are fully integrated into their day to day role as a front-line field officer.
We are looking for a motivated and dedicated officer with a demonstrable commitment to top quality regulatory services, with relevant qualifications and/or experience
The Council will offer appropriate support to successful candidates in their professional development
About Waltham Forest
The London Borough of Waltham Forest is fiercely ambitious. 2019 sees the Council as the first London Borough of Culture with a vast array of planned events for the coming year. We want to make sure each and every one of our residents enjoys a quality life in London. The council has an attractive range of staff benefits:
- flexible working options
- season ticket and travel card loans
- help with managing your finances and access to an employee Credit Union
- discounted gym membership at GLL leisure centres in the borough
- discount at local bars and restaurants
- help with well-being including access to an employee assistance programme
How to apply
To apply, please complete the application form and submit within the given deadline
Interview Date: w/c 9th March 2020