Portfolio of Services:
Children in Care service, MALAP, Family time centre, Participation, Advocacy, Independent Visitors, Corporate Parenting, Ofsted operational preparation.
If you already know what is needed to attain an Ofsted Good or Outstanding rating in children’s social care then we would most definitely like to hear from you.
Doncaster Children’s Services Trust has achieved great things since it was established in October 2014. As well as attaining the overall Ofsted Good rating for its services in November 2017 it has since had its fostering and adoption services rated as Outstanding.
We are not going to stop until all of our services are rated Outstanding and we have the ambition that this is going to be sooner rather than later.
The role holds the responsibility to ensure our Ofsted ‘evidence chest’ is full to bursting and therefore one of the remits of this role is to have experience of positive challenge with peers/partners with the aim of ensuring all of our services meet the ‘Outstanding’ criteria.
We are looking for a Head of Service who can articulate their passion to bring stability and safety to children and young people who have not had the best start in life.
Your role will be to ensure wherever their new home is it supports them to achieve their full potential. We already have a great workforce that shares this vision and they want a Head of Service who can bring out the best in them too! You will need to enthuse energy, enthusiasm and passion and be a walking example of distributed leadership, whilst still ensuring grip and grit.
So what can we offer? As well as the usual …..
- We can offer something different to a traditional local authority setting. To be honest we see our culture and ethos as our USP it’s purely centred on getting the right support for children, young people and families and sometimes to do that you have to break the mould.
- If you haven’t heard about some of our innovation work then please click here https://www.doncasterchildrenstrust.co.uk/search/node/innovation
- We are also a DfE Practice improvement Partner;
- We have a fantastic workforce;
- We can offer on the job personal development that is second to none.
Please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by:
Closing Date: 2.00 p.m. on Wednesday 26th February
Please ensure you tell us how you meet the person specification and highlight your experience of leading the services within the portfolio for this role.
We aim to inform applicants who are shortlisted by 5.00 pm on Thursday 27th February
Selection will take place at a full one day selection on Tuesday 3rd March 2020
Please note the date for selection cannot be changed due to the number of people involved in the selection decision.