About the Role
You will join the team responsible for the daily running of the Council’s housing register and Choice Based Lettings system, processing applications and making nominations in line with our Housing Register and Allocations policy.
You will also have direct contact with customers calling for information about their application or assistance with their general housing situation.
Please note: a 2.3% pay award has been agreed from 1 April 2020.
About the Person
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• A commitment to high standards of customer care;
• An ability to adopt a methodical and meticulous approach;
• Strong IT skills including a working knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and a preferred knowledge of Civica and Locata;
• Proven recent experience of working in housing allocations, either for a Local Authority or a Registered Social Landlord;
• Experience of liaising with statutory, non-statutory and voluntary agencies.
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave, and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership.
For an informal discussion about the role, please call Catherine Best, Housing Register Supervisor, on 01737 276542.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.
Closing date: 23rd February 2020
Interview date: 4th and 5th March 2020
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change. Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.