Tourist/Visitor Information Assistant, Permanent.
£18,795 per annum, 18.5 hours per week pro rata
(Hours to be worked on an annualised hours basis, 2/3rd of these hours will be worked during the summer season and the other 1/3rd during the winter season, on shift basis, including weekends and bank holidays)
North East Lincolnshire Council is looking for an outgoing, enthusiastic person with customer service experience to work as part of its busy Tourist Information team.
You’ll assist in providing a diverse service that promotes the borough and ensures that visitors and residents have a choice of where and how they access information. The TIC also acts as a booking office for local and regional events. Knowledge of and interest in the local area is an advantage.
You are customer focussed, have excellent interpersonal skills that provides a warm welcome to visitors and residents to the borough. You are both articulate and numerate. Digital skills are essential and you are used to multi-tasking in a busy environment.
• Welcome, give information and advice to visitors, residents and potential visitors
• Deal with social media, telephone, e-mail and any other enquiries
• Update and create information about what’s on in the borough on our website
• Sell tickets
• Assist in keeping information up to date
• Engage with visitors and residents whilst working out and about in the borough
• Promote and support local events
Hours are scheduled to cover busy times including bank holidays and weekends and when there are events taking place in the borough. An element of flexibility is essential.
Closing date: Friday 28th February 2020.
If you would like an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Debbie Draper, Team Supervisor on 01472 326736 or e-mail Debbie.firstname.lastname@example.org