There’s never been a better time to join Achieving for Children (AfC), we were awarded OUTSTANDING in our October 2019 Kingston Ofsted inspection.
We now want to support our services to continue to achieve and we need outstanding social workers to join us. We are looking for enthusiastic, passionate social workers who have the drive to make a positive difference to children’s lives. By recognising and championing strengths we know we can make a real difference. It’s a genuine team effort in AfC. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help create a brighter future for children and families.
About the role
All of our social work roles work in partnership with children, young people and those connected to them, in order to co-create plans that meet the identified need. We are looking for Social Workers to join our Safeguarding and Referral and Assessment Teams. The core activities for the teams include:
- Undertaking child and family assessments
- Carrying out child protection enquiries
- Safety planning with children and families
- Direct work with children and young people
- Care proceedings and court work
- Complete short or long term work with families in order to meet identified needs and prevent or improve outcomes.
We are a not-for-profit social enterprise owned by three local authorities (Kingston, Richmond and Windsor & Maidenhead), we offer the freedoms of a social enterprise with the employment benefits of local government. Kingston is among the best-connected town centres in London.
We are just 12 miles from central London, with direct train links from Kingston and Surbiton stations to Clapham Junction and London Waterloo, as well as Wimbledon for an interchange with the London Underground, Tramlink and Thameslink trains. The borough also has a string of road links being located close to the A3 and with easy access to the M3 and M25.
Our offices are located in the town centre just a few steps from the ancient market, thriving town centre and riverside, offering a wide range of shops, restaurants and leisure facilities; all making for a desirable place to live, work and socialise.
To find out more about us click here.
The role in our Social Care teams can be demanding and rewarding in equal measures. To succeed in this role you will need to be:
- A fantastic communicator
- A resilient worker, able to work effectively in a team or on your own initiative, taking ownership and responsibility
- Confident and competent with relevant statutory and regulatory framework and of an appropriate range of professional interventions.
- A solution focused person with the ability to deal with sensitive issues
About our benefits
When you join AfC you will have access to:
- Positive and supportive working environments - We have a highly supportive working environment in which managers are challenging and supporting in equal measures.
- Positive work-life balance - Access to employee benefits and support forms part of our health and wellbeing offer.
- A competitive salary and access to LA pension scheme - Our salaries are benchmarked against other local authorities.
- A range of staff benefits and discounts managed via your own app - Staff can enjoy a wide range of discounts on sports and leisure activities and everyday shopping through AfC My Place.
- Professional reflective supervision - Regular, high-quality reflective supervision which helps to build confidence is available to all.
- Strong Management - A strong performance management culture, with an equally strong focus on practice learning is embedded across the organisation.
- A fantastic learning and development offer - A clearly set out and accessible learning and development pathway, offering an extensive range of training and learning opportunities are accessible for all. This includes funding for post qualifying courses.
To find out about all of the breadth of benefits of working for Achieving for Children click here.
If you would like more information about this role or apply, please click here.
Closing Date: 20/03/2020
If you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Nikki Coppin, Associate Director for Safeguarding (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request an informal discussion.
Achieving for Children is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.