We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and organised Senior Transport Manager to provide maternity cover for up to 12 months. You will lead Rutland’s transport team to deliver customer focused services to our residents. In this varied and challenging role you will be responsible for public transport, home to school transport, children’s services and adult social care transport requirements, transport strategy, road safety, public rights of way and fleet management.
The ideal candidate
This is a role that provides real breadth of experience and opportunity. The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree-level qualification in a relevant subject, and preferably membership of a relevant professional body (e.g. Chartered Institute of Highways and Transportation)
- Strong managerial experience, with an ability to lead and motivate a team
- Understanding of national, regional and local transport policy
- Professional and technical skills in the field of transport planning
- Report writing skills - able to write clearly and concisely for a range of audiences
- Ideally, you’ll have experience of working in local government, or another political environment
Rutland has a lot to offer - it really is a great place to work. We have a generous leave entitlement, flexible working, local government pension scheme, payment of professional membership fees, learning and development opportunities, wellbeing programmes, and a genuinely friendly and supportive environment.
To learn more about the role, take a look at the JD and our website, and have an informal discussion about the post with Penny Sharp, Deputy Director for Places T: 07973 854906 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need any support during the application process, please contact the HR team, email@example.com or call 01572 758343.
Rutland County Council is committed to Equality and Diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Everyone at Rutland County Council has a responsibility for, and is committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.