Social Worker Domestic Abuse Team
X1 Full time and X1 part time positions available.
Enfield is an energetic, supportive and diverse place to work in. We pride ourselves in offering high quality services to the children of Enfield.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a brand-new team supporting and protecting children, young people and families within Children and Family Services who are affected by Domestic Abuse. The work focuses on developing safety for the children, empowering the victim and encouraging/motivating the perpetrator to address their behaviours. The aim of the team is to assess, intervene and reduce the risk of domestic abuse.
We want highly motivated social workers who put children at the heart of everything they do and who want to help families to work together to find solutions to their difficulties. We want Social workers who are open, honest and respectful and who are always eager to learn and share their skills.
What we’re looking for:
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
- Additional Annual Leave can be bought
- A Sabbatical scheme –allowing social workers to claim one month off after completing three years of service
- Flexible working arrangements – this includes locations, condensed hours, term time only etc.
- Job-Share – All full-time vacancies are open to job share unless otherwise stated.
- Relocation package – Up to £8000
- Foster Carer Policy – Allows an employee to attend essential meetings and training to support their role as a foster carer
- Premature Babies Policy – Recognises the difficulties parents face with premature babies
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.Closing and Interview Dates
Closing midnight 12th March 2020
Interview dates: 17th & 18th March 2020 Additional Information
For an informal discussion contact Florah Shiringo on 0208 132 2156 or Amy Hanson on 0208 132 1649.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Elizabeth Anastasi on 0208 132 1615 or Elizabeth.email@example.com. A textphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 020 8379 4419
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.