An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer Architect to join the ICT team working across Lewes District and Eastbourne Borough councils reporting into the Head of ICT.
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will:
- Lead projects across IT Infrastructure.
- Train and mentor junior members of the IT Infrastructure team.
- Manage and be an escalation point for 3rd Level IT Infrastructure issues.
- Work closely with department heads and front-office users to resolve 3rd level infrastructure related issues.
- Research and adopt new technology specifically related to Cloud and Automation.
- Support and implement VMWare.
- Windows Server support, hardening and security improvement.
- Report to senior stakeholders with IT usage reports and recommend IT Infrastructure improvements.
- Be part of an on-call rota system.
- Work closely with Data Centre teams to improve data centre environment.
- Work closely with 3rd party vendors to replace and improve IT hardware infrastructure.
- Work within an Agile environment
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will have:
- Experience mentoring junior members of staff.
- Local or Central Government experience.
- VMWare Experience.
- Windows Server experience.
- Active Directory and group policy experience.
- SCCM - SCOM experience.
- Some TCP/IP networking experience.
- Cloud experience – Azure – highly beneficial
- PowerShell experience – highly beneficial.
CLOSING DATE: 23:55, 4th March 2020