This is a superb opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated professional to join the dynamic Highways and Transportation Service at Wokingham Borough Council.
Working within the Highway Asset Management team your role will be to assist in managing and maintaining highway and transport related assets on behalf of the Council.
You will be a highly motivated and versatile individual with great analytical skills and the drive to make a significant contribution to our team. You should preferably have a background in asset management or within the highways sector, have good computer skills along with knowledge of asset management related software and also knowledge and understanding of the relevant codes of practice and associated guidance documents.
This vacancy is for the role of Specialist level 1 in the Asset Management Team, where you would be expected to provide specialist expertise and utilise our consultants and contractors to help deliver the annual programme of maintenance and ensuring reactive repairs are completed to maintain a safe and efficient network. The role covers a variety of activities which include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with insurance claims and dealing with encroachment queries
- Inspecting, auditing and visiting sites as required
- Dealing with customer and councillor enquiries, responding to correspondence and complaints and monitoring generic email inboxes
- Assisting with identification of schemes, ensuring value for money and ensuring their delivery
- Leading/assisting on enforcement issues
- Dealing with stopping up of the adopted highway and attending court
- Assisting with winter maintenance and delivery of various maintenance regimes
- Assisting with monitoring of the Wokingham Highway Inspection Policy
- Raising work orders
- Assisting with preparation of cyclical programmes or issuing larger volume works for road markings, pre-patching and scrim sites
- Supporting the team in day to day activities and providing cover for any element of Asset Management
- experience of working in a local authority and/or consultancy context
- working knowledge of Highways Act 1980, CDM 2015 and Traffic signs manual
- familiarity with New Roads and Street Works Act 1991, Well-managed Highway Infrastructure: A Code of Practise
- Driving licence and use of own car
Located in Wokingham, this is an exciting time to join us as the Council delivers its ambitious transport infrastructure projects to support new housing as well as town centre regeneration. The Highways and Transportation Service has undergone significant change in the last twelve months following a move to the borough’s 21st Century Council model and also the creation of a new Highways Alliance between WBC, our consultants and our new contractor.
Wokingham Borough Council offers a range of employee benefits including generous annual leave, flexible working opportunities and an excellent pension. Closing date for applications is Sunday 5 April 2020 with interviews expected between 20 April and 4 May 2020.
For more information about the role please contact Aivaras Jasiunas, Highways Asset Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org