Directorate: People and Communities
Starting salary: JG7 £27,905 - £30,507 per annum
Location: Based in the Town Hall, Weston-super-Mare
Hours: 37 hours per week
Closing date: Friday 03 April 2020
North Somerset Council’s Public Health Service is seeking to recruit a highly motivated individual to join the Healthy Lifestyles team, a small team delivering health improvement support to North Somerset residents.
This new role will make an important contribution to expanding the access and provision of healthy lifestyles support for residents in North Somerset.
The role specifically involves:
• Organising and delivering a variety of healthy lifestyles group activities, motivating and enabling people on a group basis to change their behaviour to improve their health (healthy eating, weight management, increased physical activity)
• Supporting wider engagement of access to the Healthy Lifestyles Service through a tiered model of support.
• Regular stakeholder engagement and marketing of the service to support regular referrals to the service.
• Recruitment, training and supervision of volunteers to support aspects of service delivery including group work, drop in’s and promotional events.
• Supporting the measurement and reporting of delivery outcomes.
• Developing a range of interventions, promotional campaigns and events to support wider engagement of access to healthy lifestyle advice.
• Developing and co-ordinating content for digital publicity and general marketing of all health improvement services in the Public Health Service, aimed at both service users and key stakeholders.
Work will be office and outreach based and the post holder will be required to work from a number of community venues across North Somerset.
As this role frequently involves contact with vulnerable adults an enhanced DBS check will be required.
A vocational qualification or experience to level 3 or above, relevant to public health, health improvement services or equivalent is the minimum qualification criteria required for this role.
Experience of supervising/managing and training others within the field of health improvement and understanding of how to design and assess success of training is also required.
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Want to know more and apply?
For an informal discussion, please contact Rebecca Stathers on 01275 882733 or Lodee Dudley on 01275 885133.
Visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/jobs to download an application pack and apply online.
Anticipated interview date: Wednesday 15 April 2020