Customer Service Advisor
You will join us as a Customer Service Advisor to join the customer service team which currently takes phone calls for the planning department of South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse District Councils.
Customer Service Advisor Responsibilities:
You’ll be responsible for dealing with high volumes of telephone calls and sometimes complex customer enquiries. You will openly demonstrate a passion for delivering a fantastic customer service and be motivated to help our service to deliver on targets. You’ll essentially be an ambassador for the council and work to our vision and values.
Customer Service Advisor Requirements:
- A minimum of six months customer service experience.
- Good IT skills including use of internet, email, databases, Word, Excel as well as good keyboard skills.
- Experience of taking ownership of challenges and providing solutions to customers.
- A minimum of five GCSE’s, to include Maths and English (grade C and above) or an equivalent level of qualification or appropriate experience.
If you have the following experience or qualifications – it’s a bonus:
- Experience of working in a planning environment.
- Experience of a call management system.
- Overseeing and updating websites.
- A Plain English qualification.
- A specific customer service qualification.
About South Oxfordshire District Council:
South Oxfordshire District Council and Vale of White Horse District Council are forward thinking local authorities, based in one of the most attractive areas of the country. They are looking for a professional, competent and enthusiastic person who is able to communicate well at all levels. An excellent benefits package is on offer including annualised hours (flexible working) and a career average pension scheme.
Location: Milton Park, Oxfordshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent, 37 hours per week on a rota basis to cover between 8.15am and 5.15pm
Salary: £22,579 to £26,369 per year Grade 3
Benefits: A basic 24 days annual leave per annum, rising to 29 days after five years. You also have all the bank holidays to look forward to and time off between Christmas and New Year; pension scheme, cycle scheme, car lease scheme, reduced gym membership, free swims, contributory medical schemes, wellbeing appointments, free eye tests for DSE users, after work sports clubs and more, ample free parking nearby.
You may have experience of the following: Customer Service Advisor, Administration, Customer Care, Inbound Calls, Customer Service Officer, Admin Exec, Call Centre, CRM, Query Resolution, Contact Centre, CRM, Customer Service Executive, Customer Service Administrator etc.