1x 24.33 hour post (initally for Maternity Cover for 9 months, with the possibility of extending to permanent)
It’s more than a job at Vivo. Vivo Care Choices Ltd is a Council owned company with locations across Cheshire West including Chester, Ellesmere Port, Winsford and Northwich. We provide high quality, person-centred care to adults with learning disabilities, autism, dementia and the elderly. But for us it’s more than that.
We change and enhance lives every day through the work we in our day and respite services and in peoples own homes. We do this by maximising their social, emotional, and physical independence to the absolute maximum while promoting independence, choice and control.
Our values are important to all of us, we live and breathe them, they are who we are and how we work together in environments where you and our service users can be inspired to reach your and their potential. If you share our values and commitment, then you’re our kind of person.
Where our vacancy is:
We have a vacancy in our ALD Short Break Respite Service in Upton, Chester.
As we are a Respite Service, our working pattern is a rolling three week rota which consists of;
- Morning Shifts 0800-1100hours Monday to Friday
- Evening Shifts 1600-2200 hours Monday to Friday
- Two in every three weekends 0800-1500hours or 1500-2200hours
Some of the people we support have complex needs and need support with eating, personal care (bathing, toileting and continence) and can display challenging behaviours. Working in this environment you will develop great relationships and life skills as well as developing professionally.
The job is about supporting people
- With dignity and care to maximise their independence, putting them at the centre of everything you do
- Dressing, feeding, personal care (bathing, toileting and continence care), with finances and giving medications
- Accessing the community, shopping, clubs, groups, swimming, socialising with family and friends joining in too
- Cleaning, cooking, ironing
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records and contribute to and follow care plans
- Ensure they are safeguarded at all times
- And work flexibly as part of a team on early, late and weekends shifts
We are looking for someone who
- Shares our values
- Has a commitment to people with learning and other disabilities
- Has the ability to learn and develop skills and a commitment to gaining level 2 QCF/NVQ in Social Care (or who already has it)
- Willing to undertake personal care and able to undertake manual handing tasks
- Able to support people in the community e.g. shopping, swimming, clubs and activities
- Reliable, flexible and a team player
And in return
The benefits of working for Vivo go well beyond making a difference to people’s lives, as well as working within a supportive environment with people who share your values you will have access to a huge range of benefits including discounts on:
- High street and supermarket shopping
- Gym membership
- Days out
- Childcare vouchers
- Car lease and cycle to work schemes
We also offer:
- Very competitive pay
- A generous holiday allowance starting at 25 days pro rata (plus bank holidays) increasing with length of service to 30 days
- An excellent pension scheme
- A full induction programme and ongoing training and support from your very first day
- QCF level 2 Social Care qualification
- The opportunity to develop your skills and career
- Free DBS checks
- Lifestyle Support - our employee assistance programme, which offers free 24/7 confidential assistance, practical information and emotional support.