This role is being advertised on behalf of Independence and Wellbeing Enfield Ltd.
Independence Wellbeing Ltd will be transferring back into Enfield Council on 1st June 2020
Salary - £31,548 - £33,291 pa
Enhanced hours for working after 8pm and on Sundays
Full Time (36 hrs per week)
7 day week rolling rota
Independence and Well Being Enfield Ltd (IWE) is now recruiting for Registered Nurses for Bridgewood House based in Enfield.
Bridgewood House was opened in 2018 is a 70 bed residential and nursing home for people who are over 65 or people with learning difficulties who are over the age of 18. Our activity centre at Bridgewood is seeking to lead the way in person-centred engagement and innovation in dementia services. We also offer flexible respite care.
We are looking for kind, friendly, talented and caring candidates to join and enhance our team of hard working, passionate and friendly team.
We are currently looking to recruit across day shifts and night shifts across all shift patterns covering weekdays and weekends.
The role of a Staff Nurse is vitally important and fundamental in the principles of delivering the highest quality of clinical care to our residents.
To support the Home Manager in providing leadership to the care team with a positive caring outlook. As well as providing care services including administration of medication etc, maintenance of patient's records and dealing with families and professional visitors such as Social Workers or Doctors.
This post will have a key responsibility for the quality of nursing assessment, care planning, implementation and evaluation of care staff training to ensure that at all times residents receive an excellent standard of care
The staff nurse is required to perform all duties in accordance with the NMC and CQC guidelines and is also responsible for the promotion of teamwork within the Nursing Unit.
Competency in Medication Administration
Able to assess needs of the residents for care
Maintain and update care plans
Able to document care in care notes with a good standard of English language
Adhere to policies and procedures in the organisation, NMC and CQC guidelines
- Confident in taking charge of shift and in supervising staff
- Great support planning skills.
- Good communications skil
- Degree, diploma in Nursing or equivalent with NMC registration
- Previous experience of leading a team within a Care Home or similar environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good IT Skills.
What you will need to do the role successfully
A positive, can-do attitude.
Person centred approach.
Be proactive, professional and able to deal with people at all levels.
- You need to be kind, caring and patient with a reassuring and positive attitude.
- You need to be equally happy to work as part of our team and on your own initiative.
- You will need to have an interest in working with our client group of elderly frail residents with dementia and / challenging behaviour
- You will need to share our values of protecting dignity, promoting wellbeing and working in a person-centred manner at all times.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: Midnight on 30th April 2020
To apply please click on the apply button below
This role requires that you upload 2 documents.
- A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification.
- Your CV containing your full work history since leaving full time education
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Claire Turner, Senior Recruitment Consultant on 0208 132 1024 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please contact our Operations Manager, Bibi Codabaccus on 0208 148 4334 or by email Bibi.Codabaccus@iwenfield.co.uk
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.
For more info please visit https://www.independenceandwellbeing.co.uk/