"Our residents do not live in our workplace, we work in their homes"
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 6,500 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £84million and a development programme that will deliver over 450 new affordable homes each year.
About the role
We currently have part time (30 hours per week) and full time (37.5 hours per week) opportunities for Support Workers to join our Registered Home in Gawcott, Bucks.
4 and 5 Old Barn Close are registered care homes set in a rural village near Buckingham.
We are looking for caring, enthusiastic people who enjoy helping others and seeing the difference their support can make to enable individuals to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
As a Support Worker you will be working as a part of a dedicated team, providing personalised support and assisting the residents to develop the skills needed to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
If you have previously worked in a care setting and have experience of providing support to vulnerable people, this role could be perfect for you. With relevant experience, you will have the ability to recognise the wishes of our service users and communicate with them effectively. Demonstrating respect for confidentiality and a caring attitude, you will also use your own initiative, carrying out practical and administrative tasks as and when required.
To apply you will need to be able to work shifts as part of a rota system. This will include weekend and bank holiday working. You must be able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support and be flexible in your approach to work with a `can do` attitude. You will have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting people with learning disabilities.
In return for your hard work and commitment to our service users, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service (pro rata for part time hours)
- £21,216 pa for a 37.5 hour a week and £16,974 pa for a 30 hour a week contract plus overtime and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Comprehensive training and development support from day one with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Fully paid DBS
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Structured rota so you know your work pattern in advance
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please apply below.
Hightown is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Successful candidates will need to have a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service, together with any other relevant recruitment checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.