This role provides IT support to SCC customers delivering a robust and reliable IT solution. The role requires a passion for great customer service and enthusiasm to support both SCC users and the internal IT teams.
Key Responsibilities & Outputs:
- To take the role of senior officer in the field of Core Infrastructure Support Services for the authority and provide advice and consultancy both at a strategic and tactical level
- To assist in day to day operation of the Core Infrastructure to deliver best value through an effective, well-designed core infrastructure platform, delivered using appropriate hardware and vendor tools
- Planning, scheduling and supervision of all maintenance and installation work associated with the core infrastructure platform and assist with maintaining relevant security, information compliance and operational procedures and processes
- Diagnose and resolve problems, ensuring that agreed levels of service and the needs for quality, security, availability utilising appropriate specialised techniques, tools, methods or standards.
The Orbis partnership comprises of Surrey County Council, East Sussex County Council and Brighton & Hove City Council working in partnership.
This role is part of the Enterprise Infrastructure function within the Orbis IT & Digital Service. This service provides mission critical operational support and innovative project delivery and as such will require participation in the out of hours support rota.
Predominantly office based but will require occasional travel across the Orbis geography for meetings and site visits.
The Core Infrastructure team is responsible for:
- application configuration and support
- deployment and life cycle of applications
- enterprise workspace secure user environment inc. desktop and policies
- advanced user rights management
- data management and restores
- 2nd & 3rd line Support with third parties
This is performed using products from Microsoft SCCM, Active Directory, Office 365 administration, ADFS, Windows 10, MS Server 2016, AppV, Citrix, Appsense and Admin Studio.
The team will also be responsible for initial triage of support tasks entering the Enterprise Infrastructure function. It will require liaison directly with IT users, external customers and suppliers. You will be supporting the definition and control of the Core Infrastructure platforms throughout the Council, including establishing and operating effective processes and procedures. Part of this will involve mentoring and guiding less senior members of the Core Infrastructure team enabling them to develop their own technical skills.
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job profile.
For an informal discussion contact Girish Gorasia on 020 8541 9607 or by email on GirishG@surreycc.gov.uk. We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 19th April 2020 with interviews to follow.
If you would like to apply please submit an Expression of Interest and your CV. Your Expression Of Interest should be no more than two sides of A4 stating how you meet the criteria of the role.
We are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 24 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.