Are you someone who`s not afraid of a challenge and looking to make a difference to others?
At Hightown, we`re a housing charity that builds homes and support people. In Amersham we provide high-quality care and support to adults with learning disabilities, autism and complex behaviours and are looking for some new Support Workers to join our dedicated team.
Who we are looking for
We`re keen to recruit individuals who care and demonstrate our values, which are:
- Putting our residents and service users first
- Treating people with respect, promoting independence and choice
- Developing passionate and committed teams
- Being cost effective without compromising standards or safety
If you share our values, we`d love you to work for us.
If you`re someone who has a good sense of humour, is flexible and driven by the desire to make a difference, then we will give you all the training and support you need to do the role including a qualification in health and social care if you don`t already have one.
About the role
You`ll be joining a friendly team who empower the people we support to lead independent and fulfilling lives. No two days will ever be the same and with the support of a network of staff, social workers and local authority partners you will get a great sense of achievement when our service users are happy.
The role requires you to use a positive approach to support them to access the community and develop their independent living skills by taking part in outdoor activities such as day trips to London, local walks, cinema and bowing. You`ll also support them in our modern home to use the musical instruments, do arts and crafts, and use the exercise bike.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you or you want to have an informal chat, please contact us on 01442 292309 or firstname.lastname@example.org
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service
- Annual bonuses based on satisfactory performance
- Regular reviews of salary and cost of living to ensure you receive above the market salary for the role
- Additional payments for slee p-ins on top of your salary
- An organisational commitment to employee health and wellbeing
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary and a workplace pension scheme.
- Ongoing training and support to deliver outstanding support
Closing date: Sunday 19thApril 2020
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please apply below. Please indicate on your application if you are applying for a full or part time position.
Hightown is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Successful candidates will need to have a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service, together with any other relevant recruitment checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.