Plashet Grove, East Ham, London E6 1DG
Head Teacher: Rachel McGowan
Teacher of Graphics
Required for September 2020
Main/Upper Pay Scale
Situated in the heart of East Ham Plashet is an outstanding comprehensive 11 - 16 girls’ school of 1440 students. Our Progress 8 score for 2019 was +0.66 and places us in the top 5% of schools nationally. We are looking to appoint an ambitious and highly motivated Teacher of Graphics with a real passion for teaching and learning, to join our successful Design Technology department from September 2020. We welcome applications from NQTs as well as more experienced teachers. The successful candidate will be able to promote their love of graphic products and enable Plashet girls to become expert graphic design technologists.
- A high achieving, over-subscribed girl’s school producing excellent rates of student progression.
- An outstanding and highly inclusive learning environment rated thus by Ofsted since 1999.
- A stimulating and challenging learning environment where we as staff are as active in, and committed to, learning as our students.
- An outstanding NQT and RQT induction and staff development programme.
- A professional environment that is focused on supporting staff wellbeing by having manageable teaching contact time, meeting cycles and assessment, recording and reporting expectations.
You will need:
- Excellent subject knowledge and skills, the ability to teach GCSE with particular emphasis on academic stretch and challenge.
- The desire to improve this subject knowledge as well as your teaching through working collaboratively within a subject team.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- An unerring commitment to comprehensive education.
Plashet School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.
Plashet School is currently operating on a rota basis to allow those children of workers critical to the COVID-19 response as well as those with EHC plans or a social worker the opportunity to attend. However, during this period it is our intention to continue with essential recruitment for key positions starting in September 2020. We want to reassure applicants that effective measures will be implemented to ensure their health and wellbeing are protected and in most cases we will use a virtual recruitment process.
For further details and application documents please go to our website or alternatively contact Noreen Malik, HR Officer, email@example.com
Application Deadline: 09.00 Monday 20thApril 2020
Interviews are scheduled to take place remotely week commencing Monday 27th April 2020